2013 Annual Meeting Results
The Doyon, Limited 2013 annual meeting of shareholders was held Friday, March 15, 2013 at the Westmark Fairbanks Hotel in Fairbanks, Alaska. Results of the meeting can be found in the Final Report of the Inspector of Elections. Doyon shareholders re-elected 1 director and elected 3 new directors. The new directors are Shirley Cleaver of Galena, Lee DeWilde of Fairbanks and Huslia, Sonta Roach of Shageluk and re-elected is Miranda Wright of Fairbanks and Nulato.
Doyon thanks outgoing board members Josephine Malemute of Fairbanks/Galena, Cheryl Silas of Fairbanks/Northway and Teisha Simmons of Fairbanks/Galena. Thank you for your service.
Shareholder of the year awards were also announced. This year's winners are:
- Hannah Solomon Elder of the Year - Pauline Peter of Nulato
- Citizen of the Year - Riba DeWilde of Eagle/Huslia
- Daaga Community Service - Peter Captain, Jr. of Fairbanks/Ruby
- Chief Andrew Isaac Future Leader - Ginessa Peter of Fort Yukon/Fairbanks
- Richard Frank Veteran/Military Service - Clifford Charlie of Minto
Doyon also gave away $11,000 in door prize winnings to 8 randomly selected winners that pre-registered on Challenge Day, March 14 and registered on the day of the annual meeting, March 15. To see the press release on the 2013 Doyon Annual Meeting, please click here.